Veneers are thin porcelain shells that cover your existing teeth. They can help correct a number of cosmetic dental issues, including:
- Misaligned teeth
- Mildly crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
Porcelain veneers are custom-made to look like your natural teeth and can help correct a number of cosmetic dental issues.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin dental restorations made from high-quality ceramic material. Veneers can be an excellent option for patients with minor tooth imperfections. Here are a few of the benefits veneers offer.
- Natural appearance:Porcelain veneers are custom crafted to fit perfectly over the front part of the teeth. The porcelain material mimics the appearance of natural tooth enamel, creating an attractive appearance.
- Stain resistance:Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to staining from things like wine, coffee, and tobacco.
- Easy maintenance: Veneers require very little maintenance. Once they are bonded in place, patients only need to follow good oral hygiene habits, as in the case of natural teeth. Simply brush and floss your teeth as usual, and visit your dentist 91361 every six months for a professional cleaning and exam.
- Durable:Dental veneers offer long-lasting results. With proper care and maintenance, they can last for years.
- Less expensive:Dental veneers are less expensive than dental crowns. Dental veneers are often recommended as an alternative to crowns to patients who have minor teeth imperfections.
- Customizable: Veneers can be custom-created to your exact specifications and they can be made to match the color of your surrounding teeth. This creates a natural appearance - no one will know you have veneers.
Faster treatment process: One of the main advantages of dental veneers is that they are typically faster to place than other types of restorations. Placing a veneer requires only two office visits: one for preparation and one for bonding.
How Are Dental Veneers Applied?
Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells that the dentist bonds to the front part of your teeth. During your first appointment, the dentist will slightly adjust the size and shape of your teeth to prepare them for the veneer placement. Then, they will take impressions of your teeth and send them to a dental lab where your veneers will be made. Once your veneers are ready, you’ll return to the dentist for your second appointment. Your veneers will be checked for fit, shape, and bite before being bonded to your teeth.
Are Dental Veneers Right for Me?
Veneers are a good option if you have teeth that are misshapen, chipped, stained, cracked, or gapped. These dental restorations are also a great option for anyone with teeth that aren’t perfectly aligned, making them appear crooked. Veneers provide an appealing, uniform look that can improve your self-esteem.
Veneers - Repair and Restoration
If your dental veneers come off your teeth without breaking, the dentist will be able to rebond them to the teeth without replacing them with new ones. However, if the veneers are broken or cracked, the dentist will remove them and replace them (or fill them in) with new veneers that closely match the color of your other teeth.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Finesse Dental Care, call (805) 410-9324 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit dentist in Thousand Oaks, CA at 860 Hampshire Rd., Suite E, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361.